Wheat Quality Australia is currently working on the following five active projects:
- Old Varieties – a review of varieties classified more than 10 years ago.
- Late Maturing Alpha Amalayse (LMA) – a project to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the system in managing the risk of LMA, which is causing a low falling number in Australian wheat.
- National APH – a national three year experiment to determine if the current zone restrictions are appropriate for the APH class.
- Market Driven Classification – a project to improve the effectiveness of market feedback mechanisms to the classification system, including: crop quality, long term market trends and customer preferences.
- Lab Proficiency and Methods – a collaborative project with labs producing classification test data to improve the consistency and inter-lab reproducibility of data.
August 26, 2015