WHEAT QUALITY AUSTRALIA LIMITED
ACN 147 439 656
Purpose and Context
Wheat Quality Australia (WQA) is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its employees and visitors by taking all reasonable and practical steps to mitigate the spread of coronavirus.
It is WQA’s policy to seek active support from management and staff to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) policy may change with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, the Board will update you as soon as possible by email and staff and visitors advised, where necessary.
This coronavirus policy applies to all employees who physically work in our office(s). WQA staff working remotely should also adhere to this policy to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to the coronavirus challenge.
Following are the required actions employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
Work from home
Until further notice, WQA staff are required to work from home. If staff need to attend the office follow the hygiene rules noted in this policy.
In order to maintain health and safety when working from home, please adhere to the WQA ‘Working from home’ policy and consider the following:
- follow procedures about how the work is performed
- keep equipment in good working order and use equipment issued by WQA as per instructions
- maintain a safe work environment (e.g. designating a specific work area, moving furniture to allow suitable access, providing adequate lighting, repairing uneven surfaces or trip hazards)
- manage in-home safety (e.g. maintaining electrical equipment, and installing smoke alarms)
- report changes that may affect health and safety when working from home.
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel unwell, request sick leave or work from home. Advise the Executive Officer, or Chair WQA Board, as soon as possible. Do not come into the office.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis advise the Executive Officer or Chair WQA Board immediately. You should return to work only after you have fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
- All work trips and events – both domestic and international – will be cancelled/postponed until further notice. The Chair WQA Board has the authority to approve any travel.
- In-person meetings should be done virtually where possible.
General hygiene rules
Practise good hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading:
- cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
- put used tissues straight into the bin
- wash your hands often with soap and water, including before and after eating and after going to the toilet
- use alcohol-based hand sanitisers
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- clean and disinfect frequently used surfaces such as benchtops, desks and doorknobs
- clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as mobile phones and keys
- increase the amount of fresh air available by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning
- Social distance yourself by staying 1.5 metres away from other people whenever possible
- Self-isolate if you are sick, have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, or have recently returned from overseas.
This policy applies to:
- Employees, and
- Visitors to WQA premises.
Management of coronavirus at WQA is governed by the Commonwealth and State Acts and Regulations that are in force.
- Employee: An employee can be full time, part time or casual and employed on a permanent or temporary basis by WQA.
- Visitor: Refers to WQA Board, Council or Panel members, consultants, contractors, service providers, tradesmen, business associates and all other non-employees.
- WQA premises/place of work: This can be either premises occupied by the company or the home of a worker(s) where work is undertaken from a home office.
The WQA Executive Officer is responsible for the establishment, approval and ongoing sponsorship of this policy, as well as responsible for the implementation, management and adherence to this policy.
WQA employees are responsible for adhering to this policy. Visitors to WQA are responsible for co-operating with management in the achievement of WQA’s coronavirus policy.
6 April 2020